Merbau Decking Melbourne
At Australian Treated Pine, we have some of the best merbau timber decking in Melbourne. We are one of Australia’s premier merbau decking suppliers, carrying a wide range of merbau decking lengths.
Regardless of whether you’re manufacturing outdoor furniture, constructing decking, or something else—we have various merbau decking sizes for you to choose from. What’s even better is that our merbau decking prices are some of the most affordable, and our product range does not compromise on quality, despite our competitive merbau decking cost. We pride ourselves on being able to offer high quality timber products at great prices.
Merbau timber decking is an extremely durable and attractive timber that reddens and deepens beautifully with age. It is a great hardwood to work with, as it cuts clean and fastens easily. Merbau is perfect for decking, fencing, and screening.
Lengths are subject to availability.
Please note that your purchase may come in various product lengths to make up the total amount. All lengths must be in whole numbers.
Features of Merbau
Merbau is not only one of the most hardwearing and beautiful timbers available to play with today, but it is also naturally resistant to weathering and insect damage, due to the fact that it is organically abundant in essential oils. Note that leaving Merbau untreated will result in a stunning naturally weathered aesthetic. If, however, you wish to further treat your merbau for extended longevity and a different look, it can easily be done.
Why Choose Merbau Timber Decking?
– Merbau Timber Decking offers unparalleled natural durability and resilience
– It is tenacious against both weather conditions and insect decay
– Merbau has an extremely deep and rich colour, which is usually a deep reddish brown. It is one of the many beautiful colours that nature has to offer
– Merbau Timber Decking is available in a variety of different sizes, including 70x19mm, 90x19mm and 140x19mm.
– Our Merbau is sourced legally and in accordance with chain of custody requirements.
Merbau Wood Facts
– Merbau Timber Decking is extremely resilient in both indoor and outdoor weather conditions
– If treated correctly, Merbau can last well beyond 20 years
– Often used in the construction of engineering structures, building projects, and even musical instruments
– Merbau is highly “flexible” and adapts well to movement
– Merbau is more resistant to shrinkage than most other timbers
– Merbau is one of the more malleable hardwoods available, making it easy to work with.
70x19mm, 90x19mm, 140x19mm
Questions and Answers
- Q: What is Merbau Decking?A: Merbau is one of the most popular decking timbers being used, due to being less expensive than other hardwood decking’s and it has a high durability rating of 2. Much of the merbau comes from Southeast Asian rainforests.
- Q: Why Choose Merbau for Decking?A: Merbau is known for its durability, it is naturally resistant against splitting or cracking.
- Q: Where Does our Merbau Come From?A: Southeast Asian rainforests.
- Q: How Long Does Merbau Timber Decking Last?A: With a durability class of 2, you can expect your decking to last between 15 to 40 years without decay. The combination of its unusual density and strength make Merbau more durable than most other timber used to make outdoor decking and furniture.
- Q: Is Merbau Decking Treated?A: Treatment is not required for Merbau decking.
- Q: What is the Best Timber to Use For Decking?A: Merbau is the best timber to use for Decking as it is a hardwood & more durable than softwood. If price is an issue then Treated pine is the best option.
- Q: How Much Does A Merbau Deck Cost?A: You may expect to pay approximately $320 to $350 per m2 for a merbau deck.
- Q: Is Merbau Good for Outdoor Furniture?A: Merbau is known for its durability. If you're looking for an outdoor furniture option with beauty that will last for years to come, Merbau is a great choice.
- Q: Can Merbau Be Used in Ground?A: In the ground ground, Merbau is only rated for 5-10 years. But when used above the ground as planks and boards, it is rated to provide 25 or more years of service.
- Q: Is Merbau Decking Termite Resistant?A: Yes, Merbau is termite resistant.
- Q: Is Merbau Timber Decking Sustainable?A: Merbau is a controversial choice as a building material, as its growth is not sustainable.
- Q: Is Merbau Fire Resistant?A: No species of timber achieves a spread-of-flame index of 0 unless treated with a fire retardant. Merbau is classified as a bushfire-resisting timber in Australia because it has fire characteristics similar to timber treated with a fire retardant.
- Q: Is Merbau good for decking?A: It is a popular decking timber which is perfect for decks and is less expensive than most other decking timbers. It has a high durability rating of 2 and is rot and insect resistant.
- Q: How do you clean a merbau deck?A: Clean decking with SAP STRIP: Wood Conditioner
1. Remove surface dirt by sweeping or hosing the bare deck.
2. Dissolve 300g of SAP STRIP in 5 litres of hot water.
3. Apply mixture with stiff broom or brush. Leave for 15-30 minutes.
4. Wash the deck with a strong jet of water to remove residual cleaner.
5. Apply desired Quantum decking finish.
- Q: How to choose the right Merbau timber decking for your outdoor area?A: Always pick the straightest possible. This will make your project a lot easier.
Also choose decking that is clean as this will make it easier to stain.