Buy Treated Pine Sleeper Online
Great for outdoor landscaping projects, Treated Pine Sleepers in Australia (also known as garden sleepers in Melbourne) are essential in building retaining walls, or simply defining driveway or garden boundaries. Treated pine sleepers are arguably the most versatile timber item available for outdoor use. The best part is that the treated pine sleeper cost is extremely economical, allowing you to build something impressive for very little.
As a premier treated pine sleeper supplier, our sleepers are all treated to H4, which is suitable for most in ground applications, protecting against fungal decay and termite attack. Regardless of what specifications you are after, our range of treated pine sleeper lengths and treated pine sleeper sizes have you covered. Not to mention they are available in both CCA and ACQ treatment types.
Also available through our store are Retaining Wall Posts, which is the other component required when building a retaining wall. Our treated pine sleepers prices are very affordable, so feel free to buy treated pine sleepers online through our store.
2.4m, 2.7m, 3.0m, 3.6m
200x50mm, 200x75mm, 200x100mm
Questions and Answers
- Q: Do Treated Pine Sleepers Vary in Quality?A: Yes, treated pine sleepers do vary in quality. Australian Treated Pine only produce quality sleepers that are H4 rated (External In Ground Use).
- Q: How Long Do Treated Pine Sleepers Last?A: When used correctly treated pine sleepers may last up to 20 years.
- Q: What Does Wet Treated Pine Sleepers Mean?A: Wet treated pine sleepers are non-structural, cost effective product ideal for, garden edging, fencing, base boards and other outdoor requirements. Treated for outdoor use but have not been kiln dried or structurally graded.
- Q: What Is CCA Treated Pine?A: CCA Treated timber is pine timber that has been pressure treated with a preservative made up of copper, chromium and arsenic (CCA) in accordance with Australian Standards. The CCA preservative protects the timber from termite infestation and decay caused by fungi.
- Q: Is CCA Treated Pine Safe?A: CCA Treated timber is safe to use under normal building circumstances and safe for installation in a household environment. Normal safety precautions is recommended (such as wearing a dust mask and protective gloves, but no extraordinary precautions need be taken. You can saw, drill plane and paint treated timber.
- Q: What is ACQ Treated Pine?A: Alkaline Copper Quaternary (also known as ACQ) is a water based wood preservative method recently introduced in countries where there is a demand for alternatives to copper, chromium and arsenic (CCA).
- Q: Is ACQ Treated Pine Safe?A: ACQ treated pine is safe because the treatment chemicals used do not include arsenic or chromium for that matter. As such, ACQ treated pine is great for use in building raised garden beds, outdoor furniture and playgrounds.
- Q: How Long Does CCA Treated Pine Last?A: When used correctly CCA may last up to 20 years.
- Q: How Long Does ACQ Treated Pine Last?A: When used correctly ACQ may last up to 20 years.
- Q: Will Treated Pine Crack And Split?A: Like all timber, treated pine is a natural product and is susceptible to surface cracking and splitting. This is more likely if it is fully exposed to the weather. We recommend applying good quality oil which will help minimize the effects of weathering.
- Q: Why Buy Treated Pine Sleepers from Australian Treated Pine?A: Treated Pine Sleepers are perfect for retaining walls, projects around the garden, or under a fence. At Australian Treated Pine we believe in providing our customers with the complete package when it comes to treated pine. Australian Treated Pine has its own fully automated, state of the art timber preservation facility, ensuring that you receive only premium quality treated products.