BUY TREATED SLEEPERS ONLINE
Treated Pine Sleepers in Melbourne, commonly called garden sleepers in Melbourne, are a unique way to give a classic finish with clean lines to any landscaped area. It’s the best way to offer a professional touch to your outdoor spaces at affordable prices. This versatile timber has multiple applications, including retaining walls, as either Posts or Whalers (horizontal timbers), to garden beds, vegetable gardens, garden dividers, and driveways.
Our premium pine sleepers are all treated to H4, making them ideal for several ground applications, protecting against fungal decay and termite attack.
Additionally, they are available in both CCA and ACQ treatment types in standard sizes 200*50 mm, 200*75 mm, and 200*100 mm and lengths 2.4 m, 2.7 m, 3.0 m, and 3.6 m.
Also, Retaining Wall Posts are available at our store, which is the other component required when building a retaining wall. Buy the best-treated pine sleeper online through our store at the best prices.
FEATURES & USES OF TREATED PINE SLEEPERS
Designed from quality pine wood, Treated Pine Sleepers are easy to grow and manufacture. Timber Sleepers offer resistance against decay, rot, infestations and other deteriorating effects when used in contact with the land. This feature makes it a suitable fit for a garden, requiring little maintenance and lifetime longevity if installed and maintained correctly.
Treated with ACQ or CCA treatment makes it suitable for –
- Garden walking path
- Retaining wall
- Garden border
- Raised veggie garden
- Garden divider
- Sleeper wall
WHY CHOOSE AUSTRALIAN-TREATED PINE SLEEPERS IN MELBOURNE FOR TIMBER SLEEPERS?
Choosing Australian Treated Pine for timber sleepers would be the most suitable option, for our products provides versatility, durability and visual appeal to any landscape. Treated with H4 preservative for above and in-ground use, our treated pine sleepers are ideal for structural retaining walls and specific landscaping projects. They require low maintenance yet look stunning all year round.
TREATED PINE SLEEPERS FACTS
Timber Sleepers made from treated pine are a type of softwood. This makes it easy to customise and tailor the installation to suit the purpose. Garden sleepers in Melbourne are commonly manufactured from pine because of the speed at which it grows. This makes it a popular choice that is cost-effective while offering long-term benefits. Once the pine sleeper is treated by permeating it with friendly chemicals, the sleeper is ready for long-term use.
2.4m, 2.7m, 3.0m, 3.6m
200x50mm, 200x75mm, 200x100mm
Questions and Answers
- Q: Do Treated Pine Sleepers Vary in Quality?A: Yes, treated pine sleepers do vary in quality. Australian Treated Pine only produce quality sleepers that are H4 rated (External In Ground Use).
- Q: How Long Do Treated Pine Sleepers Last?A: When used correctly treated pine sleepers may last up to 20 years.
- Q: What Does Wet Treated Pine Sleepers Mean?A: Wet treated pine sleepers are non-structural, cost effective product ideal for, garden edging, fencing, base boards and other outdoor requirements. Treated for outdoor use but have not been kiln dried or structurally graded.
- Q: What Is CCA Treated Pine?A: CCA Treated timber is pine timber that has been pressure treated with a preservative made up of copper, chromium and arsenic (CCA) in accordance with Australian Standards. The CCA preservative protects the timber from termite infestation and decay caused by fungi.
- Q: Is CCA Treated Pine Safe?A: CCA Treated timber is safe to use under normal building circumstances and safe for installation in a household environment. Normal safety precautions is recommended (such as wearing a dust mask and protective gloves, but no extraordinary precautions need be taken. You can saw, drill plane and paint treated timber.
- Q: What is ACQ Treated Pine?A: Alkaline Copper Quaternary (also known as ACQ) is a water based wood preservative method recently introduced in countries where there is a demand for alternatives to copper, chromium and arsenic (CCA).
- Q: Is ACQ Treated Pine Safe?A: ACQ treated pine is safe because the treatment chemicals used do not include arsenic or chromium for that matter. As such, ACQ treated pine is great for use in building raised garden beds, outdoor furniture and playgrounds.
- Q: How Long Does CCA Treated Pine Last?A: When used correctly CCA may last up to 20 years.
- Q: How Long Does ACQ Treated Pine Last?A: When used correctly ACQ may last up to 20 years.
- Q: Will Treated Pine Crack And Split?A: Like all timber, treated pine is a natural product and is susceptible to surface cracking and splitting. This is more likely if it is fully exposed to the weather. We recommend applying good quality oil which will help minimize the effects of weathering.
- Q: Why Buy Treated Pine Sleepers from Australian Treated Pine?A: Treated Pine Sleepers are perfect for retaining walls, projects around the garden, or under a fence. At Australian Treated Pine we believe in providing our customers with the complete package when it comes to treated pine. Australian Treated Pine has its own fully automated, state of the art timber preservation facility, ensuring that you receive only premium quality treated products.
- Q: What do you look for while choosing the treated pine sleepers for retaining walls?A: It is wise to choose the correct size before starting the project. Choosing the correct size it will depend on how far the supporting posts will be and also how high the sleeper wall is. The higher the wall and the further the posts are the thicker the sleeper will need to be. Always choose sleepers that are as straight as possible to make your work easier and also give you a better looking finish.
- Q: How much do garden sleepers cost?A: The cost of a garden sleeper depends on the type of wood, the size, the treatment type (e.g. either CCA (Copper Chrome Arsenic) or ACQ (Alkaline Copper Quaternary)) and the supplier. The average cost of a garden sleeper varies from $14 - $60 depending on treatment type, length & size of the sleeper.
- Q: How to build a retaining wall out of sleepers?A: Sleepers are commonly used to build retaining walls. To construct a retaining wall, you will need to make sure that the posts are correctly installed in the foundations at appropriate lengths. This will allow the retaining wall to take the weight of the earth sitting beside it. H4 or higher treated pine sleepers are ideal for wet and damp environments to prevent rot and decay.
- Q: Is H4 treated pine safe for vegetable garden?A: H4 treated pine is safe for vegetable gardens. Our ACQ treated pine does not contain arsenic so it should not affect your health. It is important to remember that choosing vegetable garden materials is your choice, so you should feel comfortable. There are also many other options to consider to suit your preferences at Australian Treated Pine.
- Q: What is the difference between H3 and H4 treated pine?A: H3 treated pine is suitable for off the ground application, whereas H4 timber is suitable for use where there will be contact with the ground and potential wet or damp environments. If you are going to use the treated pine sleepers on the ground, use H4 sleepers to ensure it lasts a long time.
- Q: Will termites eat Treated Pine Sleeper?A: Termites are less likely to eat sleepers made from treated pine. This is because the sleepers have been permeated with a chemical solution to help it resist decay, infestations and other deteriorating effects. Treated pine sleepers are not immune from termites so it is important to seal the sleeper with a good oil.